Reporting to the Division Executive General Manager, you will ultimately be responsible for the design, implementation and improvement of the infrastructure to manage procurement and contract management processes for all ongoing projects to ensure adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place to meet compliance requirements.
- Setting up project start up commercial and contract processes
- Negotiate agreements with suppliers
- Prepare and review all tenders and contracts
- Develop optimum tender evaluation process for services, supplies and equipment, ensuring competitive purchases
- Ensure effective subcontractor agreements are negotiated
- Supervise procurement processes
- In collaboration with project managers, process variations, notices of delays, extensions and progress claims
- Maintain a live register of all subcontractor/vendor agreements including ensuring current insurances
- Audit procurement process
- Attend pre-tender, post-tender and construction meetings with clients, negotiating optimum terms
- Invoice and purchase order generation
- Ensure adherence to WHSEQ policies and procedures
Skills and experience required:
- Seasoned experience in contract management and procurement in a project environment (Construction services industry)
- Proficiency and experience in negotiations and contract law, specifically Australian Standards General conditions of Contract
- Qualifications in commercial and procurement functions (e.g. contracts, business administration, management, accounting or economics qualifications)
- Experience in using ERP systems (e.g. Pronto, SAP, Oracle e-business), project management platforms (e.g. InEight, Aconex, Procore) and MS Office Suite and ideally MS Visio
- A proven problem-solving capability, highly developed negotiation and supplier relationship management skills
- Excellent analytical skills
Every employee of RED Appointments has access to our Employee Benefits Program. This includes discounts at over 300 retailers, insurance comparison services, discount on phone services and much more!
To apply for this position please select the Apply Now button and forward your resume in MS Word format only. For a confidential chat about the opportunity, please call Gillian Morrell on 0432 189 475.
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered for this position applicants must have the right to work in Australia. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
To view all of our job vacancies - visit www.redappointments.com