The Environmental Manager is responsible for identifying all the existing opportunities for environmental remediation of contaminated land in consultation with the government and private clients. As part the senior management team, this role will continue growing the organisations presence in the future opportunities through regularly promoting the company's remediation and environmental sustainability capabilities and expertise. Whilst this position will be based at the head office in Adelaide, there will be a requirement to attend sites intrastate and potentially interstate.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Work collaboratively with clients in providing best for opportunity' solutions and provide confidence resulting in securing the opportunities.
- Establish and maintain business development activities, including the discovery of upcoming business opportunities, initiate an early involvement.
- Review contracts during the tendering process, and after contract award, identify and measure risks and opportunities.
- Perform a hands on approach in supporting various teams in implementation of the correct environmental remediation solutions for each project.
- Oversee projects' delivery within the contractual time and cost constraints.
- Provide project team with guidance on cost saving alternatives and value engineering.
- Attend all the post award meetings with the clients to ensure quality handover to the construction team.
- Ensure WHSEQ requirements are understood, considered, and applied in all the estimating works.
Skills and experience required to be successful in this role:
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise mature judgement
- A genuine interest in and understanding of environmental issues, relevant legislation and renewable energy sources
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- The ability to take the lead on projects
- Good organisation and time management
- Commercial awareness: the ability to work within commercial constraints
- Have a mature and enthusiastic attitude to inspire others
- Strong attention to detail and excellent time management, prioritisation, and organisational skills
- Demonstrated work experience in this field of expertise
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science/ Engineering
- Certified Environmental Practitioner - Site Contamination (General) or working towards certification
- Hold a current White Card
- Hold a current driver's license
- Have a clean police record and ability to obtain DCSI and Defence clearance
What's in it for you?
- Work with a growing company that recognises the contribution that their employees make!
- Exceptional reputation gives them the opportunity to win a range of opportunities!
- Excellent, competitive salary package available including a vehicle.
Every employee of RED Appointments has access to our Employee Benefits Program. This includes discounts at over 300 retailers, insurance comparison services, discount on phone services and much more!
To apply for this position please select the Apply Now button and forward your resume in MS Word format only. For a confidential chat about the opportunity, please call Gillian Morrell on 0432 189 475 or Lorraine Kenny on 0478 199 790.
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered for this position applicants must have the right to work in Australia. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
To view all of our job vacancies - visit www.redappointments.com