As an integral member of the Operations team, this varied role will see you predominantly providing import and export logistic and warehousing support. Out client has a culture of promoting & developing careers internally, for the right career driven person, and this role has strong scope to fast track your career into a supervisory/leadership position as well as permanency.
- You will be the principal go to for import and export logistics for the team.
- Liaise with Supply Chain, Production, Sales, Service and other relevant functional departments
- Oversee the management of Goods In/Out, Picking & Packing and stock control of goods related to import and export deliveries
- Instruct and liaise with shipping/co-loaders, transport and airlines, and internal departments on a daily basis on ship/air deliveries
- Air & sea freight job registrations, followed by general freight forwarding systems and processing and follow-up
- Oversee order status reports (import and export)
- Generate, review, & process invoices
- General warehouse and office duties
Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor Degree in Economics, Business or International Business (essential)
- Previous experience in international logistics, warehousing, and air and/or ocean freight in a transport/logistics/freight forwarding or supply chain organisation
- Exposure to shipping Lines, Co-loaders (LCL import and export), Customs brokers (import and export documents, compliance, AQIS)
- Advanced experience receiving, handling and dispatching a variety of goods (both import and export)
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team
- Excellent communication and customer service skills (verbal & written)
- Highly developed organizational skills; with the ability to prioritise, plan and delegate work if necessary
- Calm, diligent & professional with good leadership capability
- Customer and solutions focused with ability to prioritise and time-manage
- High ability to critically think through and handle multiple-step processes and tasks without losing details
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel and some MRP software knowledge (SAP experience desirable)
- Be a competent, forklift operator (desirable)
- Driven and motivated to excel and grow your professional career further
Every employee of RED Appointments has access to our Employee Benefits Program. This includes discounts at over 300 retailers, insurance comparison services, discount on phone services and much more!
To apply for this position please select the Apply Now button and forward your resume and cover letter in MS Word format only. For a confidential chat about the opportunity, please call Gillian Morrell on 0432 189 475.
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered for this position applicants must have the right to work in Australia. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
To view all of our job vacancies - visit www.redappointments.com