Our client is a privately owned NFP WA Aboriginal organisation based in Port Hedland delivering services around property management, environmental health, municipal services and the provision of maintenance and essential services. They are now seeking a skilled Mechanical Supervisor to attend to power stations in the remote communities working a 15:13 roster out of Port Hedland.
• Co-ordinate and provide supervision to the power personnel in power crews and sub-contractor staff in regard to power infrastructure
• Ensure a high level of health safety and environmental standards are maintained across the Essential Service division
• Ensure all required maintenance and/or repairs are completed in a timely manner and comply with industry standards/regulations
• Liaise effectively with all community representatives, clients, project managers, suppliers, contractors, sub-contractors, staff members to ensure a coordinated implementation of works being carried out by the Corporation
• Promote OHS to ensure safe working practices
• Regularly report to the General Manager in regard to works being delivered
• Diesel fitting qualifications
• Power Station experience
• Previous experience in a similar role.
• Knowledge of scheduling and unscheduled maintenance and service within scheduled time frames
• The ability to co-ordinate and lead work crews, schedules whilst dealing with asset breakdowns
• Demonstrated knowledge, understanding of and commitment to the principles of Equal Opportunity and Occupational Health and Safety
• An understanding of electrical installations
• Experience and knowledge of remote monitoring systems and generator controllers
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Covid Vaccination status in line with Government mandate
• $66 p/hr + LAHFA working 11.5 hrs days
• FIFO 15:13 Port Hedland
• Long term work opportunities
Every employee of RED Appointments has access to our Employee Benefits Program. This includes discounts at over 300 retailers, insurance comparison services, discount on phone services and much more!
To apply for this position please select the Apply Now button and forward your resume in MS Word format only. To have a confidential discussion regarding this role, please contact Mandy Thompson on 0488 229 213.
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered for this position applicants must have the right to work in Australia. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
To view all of our job vacancies - visit www.redappointments.com