Our client is a leading NT Civil Construction business based in Darwin who have worked on major defence, industrial, community, commercial and remote construction projects in the NT. Due to current and upcoming projects and business growth, they now require an experienced Project Manager for Projects in Darwin and surrounds.
About the role
We have a great opportunity available for a motivated Project Manager to join an industry leading team of professionals based in our Darwin office, working on iconic multi-million-dollar projects currently underway. The position also requires the person to lead, organise and provide direction for site supervisors and leading hands in ensuring outstanding performance is achieved, HSE&Q outcomes and the business results.
In addition you will;
- Plan projects and oversee their progress along the way in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Coordinate the scoping and securing of subsequent phases of work
- Direct and monitor of sub-contractors, suppliers and plant hires
- Oversee all onsite and offsite construction compliance with civil and safety regulations.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders, clients and suppliers
- Manage the commercial aspects of the project, including proposal/contract review, contract management and scope variations.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate for this role must be able to prove and demonstrate the following:
- Hold an Engineer degree or similar
- A Diploma or Higher Project Management qualification desirable but not essential
- Must have a successful and proven track record in a project management role
- Strong contract, administration and time management skills
- Proven to plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones.
- Be confident in using Computer software including Microsoft suite
- Possess strong leadership/Supervisor skills
- Hold a minimum HR, Forklift licence, white card and First Aid Certificate
Every employee of RED Appointments has access to our Employee Benefits Program. This includes discounts at over 300 retailers, insurance comparison services, discount on phone services and much more!
To apply for this position please select the Apply Now button and forward your resume in MS Word format only. To have a confidential discussion regarding this role, please contact Becc Stevens on (08) 89470443.
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered for this position applicants must have the right to work in Australia. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
To view all of our job vacancies - visit www.redappointments.com