Based in Mawson Lakes this progressive and industry leading organisation is forging ahead with impressive growth plans due to the success they have achieved providing research and development of Electronic Warfare and related technologies to solve current and emerging challenges for the Australian Defence Force, Defence Industry, Australia and its allies
Red Appointments are excited and proud to be partnering with Asension to search and secure the best and brightest talent to support this unprecedent growth and grow their team. As part of the Asension team not only will you join a company that lives their values but you will be joining a company that is at the forefront for some of the most sophisticated technology available!
Employing high performing, talented and passionate people with expertise in Professional Engineering, Science, Software Development, Project Management and Technical Support, Asension continues to experience significant growth and is seeking a Finance Officer to join their team in Adelaide.
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, the Finance Officer is responsible for:
- Managing the budget to include forecasting future income and expenditure, creating budgets and balance sheets and ensuring that spending is within budget limits.
- Preparing financial reporting to provide an overview of the company's financial status and performance to allow the business to make critical business decisions, assess risk and secure financing.
- Oversee all financial transactions including issuing payments, collecting debts and investing of money.
- Ensuring compliance with financial regulations, laws and economic rules in Australia and overseas.
- Maintaining an accurate record of all internal and external business financial transactions that are kept up to date in the company accounting software and performing audits wherever necessary.
The Finance Officer position will ideally suit a candidate with:
- Appropriate qualifications and/or demonstrated accounting, bookkeeping and payroll management skills.
- Experience in basic accounting, invoice processing and payroll applications.
- Confidence in use of the Microsoft suite of applications and financial database systems.
- Demonstrated accounting operations skills including sound analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- A high level of attention to detail including highly proficient spreadsheet database and Financial Management Information Systems processing skills with the ability to present well set-out work!
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to maintain eligibility for Defence Security and Vetting Service Security Clearance
Asension advocates a positive work culture underpinned by their corporate values. They are collegiate and collaborative, valuing professional development and personal excellence. If you enjoy work that is purposeful, challenging and shares team success, Asension is the right workplace for you.
To apply for this position please select the Apply Now button and forward your resume in MS Word format only. For a confidential conversation, feel free to call Lorraine Kenny on 0478 199790.
Please note, to be considered for the position you must be an Australian Citizen due to the requirement to obtain Defence Security Clearance.
To view all of our job vacancies - visit www.redappointments.com