As Management Accountant assigned to either Water Services or Core Operations the prime objective is the co-ordination of reporting and analysis of cost drivers, forecasts and budgets for business units. Further responsibilities will include report design, analysis of key performance indicators, financial modelling, financial presentations and management reporting through the Senior Manager Business Finance.
• As part of a team develop budgets & forecasts for various business units
• Monitor and advise on the financial aspects of the Capital Works and R&M program
• Provide financial advice to the various business units, ensuring all policy & procedures meet accounting standards
• Team input including the willingness to use your skills to help other team members
• Support the delivery of monthly financial reporting, internal control adherence and balance sheet integrity, risk management, Statement of Corporate Intent (SCI) submissions and working capital management.
Successful Candidates must be able to demonstrate;
• Tertiary qualifications in finance, business, management (essential)
• Proven knowledge and experience in accounting concepts, analytical skills and reconciliations in a commercial working environment.
• Demonstrated comprehensive use of accounting software packages and an advanced Excel skill level
• Pro-active self-starter with well-developed problem-solving capabilities
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders
• Experience in delivering an efficient and accurate month end process, including processing journals, review and analysis of accounts
• Proven skill in preparation of complex budgets and analysis of financial reports
• Experience in activity-based costing for multiple business units or profit centres
• A good understanding around the Australian Accounting Standards (AASB) current regulations.
Experience working in a large corporate environment in utilities or similar industry who is progressing towards a CPA or CA qualification would be advantageous.
Applications that do not meet the criteria will not be viewed or progressed.
To apply for this position please select the Apply Now button and forward your resume in MS Word format only. For confidential enquiries contact Mandy Thompson on 0488 229 213.
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered for this position applicants must have the right to work in Australia and be up-to-date COVID-19 vaccinated. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
To view all of our job vacancies - visit www.redappointments.com.