KEY FOCUS OF ROLE: The Switchboard Designer/Drafter is responsible for working closely with a team of experienced Engineers and Project Managers to assist with current projects during the tender stage, build stage and in finalisation of the project, through design, design innovation, preparation of drawings for approval, preparation of for construction' drawings and as built' drawings for manuals. A key focus will be to ensure that drawings are up-to-date, controlled and that the customer is regularly informed of design changes and that effective liaison occurs with all engineering and project team members.
Reporting to the Design and Innovation Manager, your responsibility areas will include but not be limited to:
- Provide innovative switchboard design concepts and drawings
- Prepare for construction' drawings using AutoCAD ensuring buildability and accurate capture of solution agreed
- Attend customer presentations and review meetings as required
- Ensure update and document control of drawings
- Generation of accurate bill of materials
- Prepare as built' drawings for inclusion in customer manuals
- Ensure Projects Managers have drawings on time as per project schedule
- Regularly review drafting processes to identify improvement opportunities
- Ensure compliance with internal/external processes/procedures/industry regulations
- Build effective working relationships both internally and externally
Skills and experience required to be successful in this role:
- Previous experience in detail design and drafting of low voltage switchboard assemblies
- Electrical Trade or Electrical Engineering qualification
- Switchboard mechanical drafting experience can also be considered for this opportunity
- Previous experience working in an electrical engineering environment
- Substantial experience using AutoCAD (2D and 3D), BIM, or other design tools such as Revit or Naviswork
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Intermediate MS Office Suite skills
Every employee of RED Appointments has access to our Employee Benefits Program. This includes discounts at over 300 retailers, insurance comparison services, discount on phone services and much more!
To apply for this position please select the Apply Now button and forward your resume in MS Word format only. For a confidential chat about the opportunity, please call Gillian Morrell on 0432 189 475.
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered for this position applicants must have the right to work in Australia. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
To view all of our job vacancies - visit www.redappointments.com