WHS Operations Advisor responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Core purpose is to provide continual improvement through mentoring in WHS functions and assistance to the WHSEQ Advisors and Operations Teams.
- Assist and mentor in effective incident investigation and auditing of high-risk functions
- Attend sites on a regular basis to ensure effective implementation of company WHSEQ management program including tool box meetings
- Conduct face to face safety training sessions
- Train/mentor divisional safety advisors on company safety management program
- Conduct D&A testing
- Assist in the facilitation of union visits with regards to safety matters on site
- Assist with the implementation of new / changed company WHSEQ processes
- Ensure project specific WHSEQ management plans are reviewed as required by project teams
- Assist project teams with upcoming audits
- Communicate daily with National WHS Operations Manager and provide feedback on project WHS performance
Skills and Experience required:
- WHS experience in mining (ideally previously experienced at Olympic Dam), on civil construction projects
- Cert IV in WHS
- Cert IV Training and Assessment
- Occupational First Aid and CPR
- Audit qualifications (desirable)
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office
- Good time management skills and ability to work independently
- Competitive flat hourly pay rates dependent on experience gained
- Flights paid (ex Adelaide only)
- Client paid camp accommodation in Roxby Downs
- Current project requirement until end July 2022 but there is potential for the role to be extended / ongoing onto other projects dependent on business needs
Every employee of RED Appointments has access to our Employee Benefits Program. This includes discounts at over 300 retailers, insurance comparison services, discount on phone services and much more!
To apply for this position please select the Apply Now button and forward your resume in MS Word format only. For a confidential chat about the opportunity, please call Gillian Morrell on 0432 189 475.
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered for this position applicants must have the right to work in Australia. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
To view all of our job vacancies - visit www.redappointments.com