Working for a well-established and award-winning electrical company, this NSW Division Manager opportunity, will see you reporting to the General Manager and working closely together with the Estimating Manager to lead motivated and dedicated project delivery team.
The role is absolutely pivotal in ensuring the securing and successful and profitable delivery of new projects. It is an excellent time to join the NSW contracting division of this well-established electrical company and make your mark through your enthusiasm and innovative style and be instrumental in the continued revitalisation of the division.
Business Development, Financial Reporting and IR
- Manage division financials, analyse monthly reconciliation project reporting, and review of month end WIP
- Manage direct project, estimating, engineering management reports including indirect field supervisors, contract administrators, electricians and apprentices
- Develop and maintain financial year budget, forecasting, business plan and executive board presentation
- Create manage and maintain client relationship management, and estimating pipeline
- Maintain target key client relationships, with continued investment to expand current client relationships
- Regularly review business processes to identify improvement opportunities and implement change as appropriate
- Manage and negotiate employee enterprise agreement and individual salary reviews and personal development plans
- Review project design brief, scope and internal estimate with estimating manager, executive and project delivery team
- Review and negotiation of major subcontract agreements, engagement and scope of works
- Set and maintain project budgets, productivity controls and labour forecasting
- Source, procure and engage suppliers and specialised subcontractors
- Engagement and employment of management and field staff across all projects
- Negotiate contracts and establish professional relationships resulting in positive commitment and quality
- Oversee construction project, engineering and design managers ensuring compliance to Australian standards and project brief
- Support, mentor and guide project managers, supervisors and contract administrators to ensure compliance with company policy and client expectations
- Strong conflict resolution and dispute settlement skills
- Negotiate supply chain agreements to ensure compliance with project brief and Australian standards
- Provide operational support in relation to best practice procedures and maintenance specifically
- support and training of end-user handover, close out reports and lessons learnt
- Final negotiation and subcontract value agreement
Skills / Experience required:
- Proven experience as a senior manager, construction manager or division manager desirable along with the ability to work autonomously
- Experience working in electrical and communication construction industry on varied range of projects (e.g. commercial, education, health, industrial and/or infrastructure projects)
- Ground up experience with electrical trade qualification, senior project management experience is essential, business management preferred
- Excellent planning and prioritising ability and commitment to meeting tight deadlines
- Well-developed analytical, financial and problem-solving skills
- Natural negotiator coupled with the ability to establish and maintain key stakeholder relationships
- Resilient, and professional industry experience
- Excellent communication skills with a strong client focus
Every employee of RED Appointments has access to our Employee Benefits Program. This includes discounts at over 300 retailers, insurance comparison services, discount on phone services and much more!
To apply for this position please select the Apply Now button and forward your resume in MS Word format only. For a confidential chat about the opportunity, please call Gillian Morrell on 0432 189 475.
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered for this position applicants must have the right to work in Australia. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
To view all of our job vacancies - visit www.redappointments.com